Below is a summary of all of the current First steps in Away3D articles. It’ll be updated when new tutorials are added. If you have any questions, comments or requests, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- First steps in Away3D : Part 1 – Getting started
Creation of a new Away3D project within eclipse or Flex Builder 3 and a simple example of a 3D scene illustrating some basic Away3D classes.
- First steps in Away3D : Part 2 – Animation
Adding some basic animation to the scene by modifying 3D object parameters when entering a frame.
- First steps in Away3D : Part 3 – Texture mapping
Create materials using bitmap data with the aim of having more detailed or realistic objects.
- First steps in Away3D : Part 4 – Scene interaction
Listen to mouse events to interact with the scene and with individual rendered objects.
- First steps in Away3D : Part 5 – Lighting and shading
A light source is added to the scene and the materials are changed to illustrate how Away3D renders objects with different shading characteristics.
- First steps in Away3D : Part 6 – Normal mapping and environment mapping
Additional realism is added to the scene by applying normal maps (to give a higher level of shading characteristics) and environment maps (as an alternative to simple lighting models).