Saturday, February 14th, 2009
Great news! Away3D 2.3 has been released, featuring amongst others:
- Frustum and nearfield culling, as well as object culling for standard clipping
- Normalmaps tools to help with their generation and/or manipulation
- BezierPatch for geometry generation allowing the creation of bezier surfaces programatically
- Improved Awaybuilder with a custom parser for Maya scenes which can dramatically speed up 3D workflow
- Interchangeable camera lenses to allow for different types of projection
- All values allowed for stage properties “align” and “scaleMode”
- Improved memory management
- Improved extrusion tools
- ROLL_OVER/ROLL_OUT events added to MouseEvent3D
- Billboard mesh objects for fast 2d sprites
If you haven’t checked it out already, then now is the time to do so!
Congrats to the whole Away3D team!